Patients can be referred to us in two ways.
Please call HANDOC on our emergency number: 1300HANDOC (1300 426 362) to speak with our dedicated HANDOC nurse or surgeon.
When calling HANDOC, we recommend you have the following information to facilitate our preparations for the patient:
- Patient’s name, DOB & contact mobile number
- Description and cause of injury (location, mechanism, etc)
- Information on whether any analgesics/antibiotics/ADT administered and any other relevant medical history (e.g. drug allergies)
- Results of any scans/x-rays undertaken
- Referrer’s contact information
- Patient’s employer and contact number (if Workers’ Compensation case)
To assist the HANDOC Team, you can also complete our online HANDOC Referral Form to provide us with all the necessary details. Alternatively, click here to download the PDF referral form and fax the completed form to 08 9380 0300. Please also send the hard copy form with the patient.
The patient should also bring any x-rays or any other relevant information to the initial HANDOC consultation. Photos of the injury or x-rays, and scanned PDF referral forms, can also be emailed in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call our reception on 9380 0333 to arrange an appointment with one of our specialist hand surgeons.