For new injury referrals requiring immediate emergency attention, please call our 24 hour emergency advice and triage hotline 1300HANDOC (1300 426 362) and follow the prompts to speak with our dedicated triage nurse or on-call hand surgeon.
When calling HANDOC, we recommend you have the following information to facilitate our preparations for the patient:
- Patient’s name, DOB & contact mobile number
- Description and cause of injury (location, mechanism, etc)
- Information on whether any analgesics/antibiotics/ADT administered and any other relevant medical history (e.g. drug allergies)
- Results of any scans/x-rays undertaken
- Referrer’s contact information
- Patient’s employer and contact number (if Workers’ Compensation case)
For new non-urgent injury referrals that do not require immediate emergency attention, or for any pre-existing bookings information or general enquiries, please call HANDOC during 8:30am-5:00pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays) and follow the prompts to speak with our dedicated triage nurse or reception team.
To assist the HANDOC team, you can complete our online Patient Referral Form to provide us with all the necessary details. You will also have the option of uploading photos of the injury or x-rays.
The patient should also bring any x-rays or any other relevant information to the initial HANDOC consultation.
Please note: All patients with non-workplace injuries must have a valid referral from a medical practitioner to HANDOC. Referrals can be made via online, fax or email using the above methods.